Senior Cost Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Cost Analyst is an integral part of the Operational Finance team and will provide business advice to leadership for multiple manufacturing facilities by providing timely, accurate and actionable analysis. This person will work with multiple levels of the organization including director and vice president.
- Establishing and updating standard costs for manufactured items by working with sales, production and purchasing to accurately distribute costs.
- Partnering with sales and operations on new product modeling and analyzing pricing/costing issues.
- Performing month-end and year-end close activities including review of the general ledger cost of sales, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Aiding in the annual budget process by evaluating costs, analyzing variances, preparing analysis and reports.
- Identifying and recommending cost-effective solutions to lower production costs, minimize inventory shortages, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Perform weekly operational reporting and variance analysis.
- Forecast applicable commodity market impact on product costs.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, required.
- Four years related cost accounting experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel data mining and modeling skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX financial software is a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of management and other departments.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.