Senior Cost Accountant/Analyst - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for the cost/financial accounting needs for the division with an emphasis on working with management and operations to ensure accuracy of inventory, analyze and forecast costs, establish and improve inventory controls and increase company profitability and margins.
- Analyze standard and actual costs for accuracy.
- Establish and update standard costs for manufactured items by working with sales, production and purchasing to accurately distribute costs.
- Partner with sales and operations on new product modeling and analysis of pricing/costing issues.
- Analyze and report yield and profit margins.
- Review and report monthly milk utilization to the Federal Milk Administrator.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities including review of the general ledger cost of sales, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
- Investigate cycle count variances and resolve issues.
- Set up bill of materials and routings for new products.
- Aid in the annual budget process by evaluating costs, analyzing variances, preparing analysis and reports.
- Provide backup and communication to both internal and external auditors.
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions to lower production costs, minimize inventory shortages, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Provide cost reporting, analysis and recommendations to management and operations teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, required.
- Four years related cost accounting experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel data mining and modeling skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamix AX financial software is a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team oriented environment.
- High level of initiative and the ability to take personal ownership, going beyond assigned tasks to improve project execution.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of management and other departments.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms Dairy manufacturing. Shamrock Foods has a unique culture that is based on: Integrity, Honesty, Dignity, Respect and Open honest communication between owners, managers, associates and customers.