Senior Category Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Category Analyst position is responsible for developing data-driven, actionable insights that contribute to all parts of Category Management. This position requires the ability to draw conclusions from imperfect and incomplete data, apply various statistical techniques, and develop retail strategies. Above all, you will help shape the strategic direction of Category Management by ensuring best analytical practices and techniques are used throughout the enterprise. The Sr. Category Analyst works as a strategic thought partner, sharing knowledge of the category to drive profitable business results.
- Identify favorable and unfavorable data trends. Lead discussions with Category Management staff members, providing analytic results and recommendations for improved performance
- Lead the production of monthly results reviews of category management financials and operational performance metrics versus current plan and last year
- Understand data resources and know how to utilize respective resources to improve efficiency and performance
- Support business partners in vendor negotiations and cost increase justifications
- Develop scorecards on suppliers for business reviews
- Provide internal business management with accurate and pertinent information that enhances and guides effective decision making
- Assist category management in developing detailed project analysis for model development
- Work with Category Management on the communication of rollout strategies to the Branches
- Develop analytics on categories that are highly deviated and underperforming for a dependable pricing review
- Continuously seek to learn of changes in the industry and enterprise to improve department performance
- The individual must be able to interface with the Category Management team on a regular basis in order to deliver timely and accurate recommendations
- Perform regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting/analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in business or related field required
- 5 years experience in Category Management specifically analysis
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make the results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with a strong attention to detail and commitment to consistently meeting timelines and operating from a sense of urgency.
- Creative problem solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity, flexibility to perform in a dynamic environment, and ability to multitask across projects simultaneously
- Utilize analytical thinking skills and intuitive sense to efficiently maintain data quality
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity, initiative to dig into the 'why' of various results
- Effectively translate complex data and analyses into presentation of findings, insights and strategic recommendations
- Formulate business recommendations and alternative solutions based on prepared and analyzed statistical data
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6532