Senior Category Analyst
The Senior Category Analyst position is responsible for developing data-driven, actionable insights that contribute to all parts of Category Management. This position requires the ability to conclude imperfect and incomplete data and apply various statistical techniques. This role will lead executive-level discussions about the category data trends. Besides supporting enterprise-level category initiatives, (s)he will also support branch related strategies through analytics.
- Lead the production of monthly results reviews of category management financials and operational performance metrics versus current plan and last year
- Lead executive level discussions around category penetration and Exclusive Brand growth
- Identify favorable and unfavorable data trends; Lead discussions with Category Management staff members, providing analytic results and recommendations for improved performance
- Develop analytics on categories that are highly deviated and underperforming for a dependable pricing review
- Develop scorecards on suppliers for business reviews
- Work with Category Management on the communication of rollout strategies to the Branches
- Interface with the Category Management team regularly to deliver timely and accurate recommendations
- Support business partners in vendor negotiations and cost increase justifications
- Assist category management in developing detailed project analysis for model development
- Understand data resources and know-how to utilize respective resources to improve efficiency and performance
- Observe changes in the industry and enterprise to improve department performance
- Responsible for departmental continuous improvement around processes and existing reporting
- Standardize and improve reporting processes across the different categories
- Train and coach analysts within and across departments
- Perform regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting/analysis
- Navigate unstructured environment to drive data-driven insights and build new processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related area.
- Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in analytics. Reporting and Business Intelligence experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel, SQL, Dashboard reporting experience required. PowerBI, Tableau, Python and R preferred.
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make the results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
- Familiarity with managing, analyzing & manipulating large datasets
- Intermediate to Advanced MS SQL experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data.
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure the ability to influence and execute across groups
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity and influence change in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned, and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us? Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!