Senior Accounting Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Manager Accounting will be responsible for managing a senior accountant and leading all accounting activities for the business. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Controller of Shamrock Foods Company. Highlights include ensuring timely and accurate monthly close and presenting results to the Executive team.This position requires a strong knowledge of GAAP, variance reporting and analysis, and executive presence. (S)he must have the ability to lead the department and implement processes to adapt to business changes.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to the accounting function
- Lead month-end close processes to produce accurate and timely results for income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Analyze financial results and report explanations of significant variances
- Collaborate with internal customers (e.g. finance, operations, marketing) as needed
- Plan, coordinate and establish annual budgets
- Ensure requests for the annual external audit are fulfilled timely
- Supervise the senior accountant, including directing work, providing training, mentoring and development of their accounting understanding
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting/Finance. MBA preferred
- CPA/CMA required
- 8+ years’ experience within accounting
- 2+ years’ experience successfully leading and managing exempt and non-exempt team members.
- GAAP, internal controls, budgeting and reporting
- Microsoft D365 experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office). Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.