- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with internal and external financial reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for reviewing other team member’s work and leading team members in the absence of the Assistant Corporate Accounting Manager.This position is a critical part of building out an exceptional Accounting and Finance Team that provides assurance over timely and accurate consolidated results and supporting stewardship of the Company’s financial assets.
- Timely completion of close responsibilities. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries and related Blackline reconciliations for Balance Sheet accounts, including fixed assets, miscellaneous receivables, prepaid expenses, and various expense accruals and other cost adjustments. Reviewing the Departmental Expense Reports delivered to upper management and other miscellaneous schedules. This role is measured by accuracy and timeliness during our 4 business day close.
- Analyze expense accounts and balance sheet accounts as well as prepare and review related reconciliations.
- Maintain and create new financial reports utilizing various tools and reporting software. Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports which may include but are not limited to: Income Statements, Cash Flow, ROA, and the Divisional Financial Packages. Manage more complex areas of the accounting process for the Foodservice Division and/or Corporate Entity.
- Support the management team by assisting with the review of the work of others.
- Provide support to other team members by researching and reporting on variances and assisting with ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end tax schedules, year-end audit lead schedules and overall support for the year-end financial audit.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field; MBA a preferred
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
- Commitment to work the hours required to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
- Demonstrate effective communication verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6171