The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting functions related to the Foodservice warehouses including vendor management, journal entry processing, and cash management. Additionally, the senior accountant will be responsible for timely completion and review of month, quarterly, and yearly close activities, and preparing ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger.
- Timely completion and review of close responsibilities. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries and related reconciliations for Intercompany accounts, balance sheet accounts, including miscellaneous Receivables, Prepaid Expenses, and various Expense accruals. Preparing and reviewing the Departmental Expense Reports and P&L for upper management. Measured by accuracy and timeliness of close, completing in 5 business days.
- Perform accounts receivable functions including the processing of invoices and billing management.
- Processing and management over various vendor service payments including monthly rent and real estate payments.
- Analysis and communication of weekly financial results including shrink, refunds and coupons.
- Management of cash and cash accounts through the development of banking relationships including new account setup, cash discrepancy mgmt., EBT services and credit and check management. Additionally, perform the reconciliation over each locations’ deposits and promptly communicate cash exceptions.
- Be the main accounting liaison to certain business partners, communicating month-end results and variance analysis research.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly financial reports including the Foodservice warehouse P&Ls. Reporting of above statements is a combination of Excel, Access, Global, and Power Business Intelligence (PowerBI).
- Develop, propose and implement improvements of accounting processes and increase team efficiency.
- Be a mentor to general accountants on team. Assist in review of general accountants’ work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with three to seven years of related experience. Retail accounting experience is required.
- CPA or CMA designation is a plus.
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet our tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and switch gears seamlessly.
- Must be able to handle stress well.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multitask and problem solve is a must in this position.
- Strong people skills are a must in this position
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization.