- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timely completion and review of monthly close activities related to benefits (401k, HSA, Insurance, etc), payroll, and cash. Furthermore, this position reports to the Accounting Project Manager and will be relied on to participate in the Accounting Projects Team’s adhoc accounting projects as determined by the CFO and Vice President Corporate Controller; thus, offering the candidate the ideal mix of repetitive accounting tasks alongside thought-provoking projects. A candidate will succeed in this role if they are driven and take initiative to improve processes, excel at problem-solving, have excellent Excel skills, and embody a mature professionalism to be entrusted to inspect confidential documents and sensitive information.
- Timely completion and review of monthly responsibilities to adhere to a 5 Day Close calendar. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries, funding requests, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain high degree of professionalism and confidentiality while working with highly sensitive payroll information.
- Be the main accounting liaison to the Director of Human Resources to resolve Benefits Accounting issues.
- Produce daily Working Capital reports for the CFO and owner of the company
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly financial reports and ad hoc reports
- Assist in preparation of the annual Corporate budget. Partner with Vice Presidents of Corporate divisions in compiling their budgets and challenging their assumptions.
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency.
- Create analysis and schedules that do not currently exist by thinking creatively and anticipating management’s needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multitask, and problem solve is a must in this position
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.