- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 40034 West Clayton Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Shamrock Accounting Team is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with internal and external financial reporting requirements. This position is a critical part of building out an exceptional Accounting and Finance Team that provides assurance over timely and accurate consolidated results, while driving accountability and supporting stewardship of the Company’s financial assets. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the timely completion of close activities and preparing ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger.
This role will be based out of our Dairy Farm location in Stanfield, AZ with occasional travel to our Corporate office in Phoenix, AZ.
- Timely completion of close responsibilities. Includes preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial reporting under the direct supervision of the Assistant Accounting Manager.
- General understanding of accounting processes beginning to end, in balances such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Inventory.
- Maintain and create new financial reports as needed.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports. Specifically, Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows.
- Prepare and review year end audit schedules.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- Advanced Excel skills required
- MBA/CPA a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics ERP a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by applicable law.