- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timely completion of close activities and preparing financial analysis as related to Shamrock’s largest divisions, Foodservice.
- Timely completion of monthly close responsibilities; includes preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance/reserve analysis under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager.
- Interact with Finance leadership to provide meaningful reporting and analysis
- General understanding of accounting processes beginning to end, particularly inventory
- Be the main accounting liaison to certain business partners, communicating month end results and variance analysis research in terms to non-accountants
- Maintain and create financial reports as needed to assist operations in making informed decisions
- Prepare year end audit schedules
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency
- Ability to manage varying deadlines and function well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- Advanced Excel skills required
- MBA/CPA a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet our deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.