- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timely completion of close activities and preparing ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger.
- Timely completion of close responsibilities. This includes preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial reporting under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager Accounting.
- General understanding of accounting processes beginning to end, in all balances like Accounts Receivable, to Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Inventory
- Be the main accounting liaison to certain business partners, communicating month end results and variance analysis research.
- Maintain and create new financial reports as needed
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports. Specifically, Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows
- Prepare and review year end audit schedules.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency.
- 10% travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- Advanced Excel skills required
- MBA/CPA a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet our tight deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.