- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timely completion and review of month, quarterly, and yearly close activities, and preparing ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger
- Timely completion and review of close responsibilities. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries (50+ manual JE’s) and related reconciliations for Intercompany accounts, Balance sheet accounts, including Fixed Assets, miscellaneous Receivables, Prepaid Expenses, and various Expense accruals. Preparing and reviewing the Departmental Expense Reports and P&L for upper management. Preparing Lease reports and miscellaneous schedules. Measured by accuracy and timeliness of close, completing in 4 business days.
- Manage the post close Corporate reporting that is required within one business day after close. Reporting includes P&L, ROA, and Metrics. Measured by accuracy and timeliness of report preparation.
- Be the main accounting liaison to certain business partners, communicating month end results and variance analysis research. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Maintain and create new financial reports in Global Spreadsheet server (very similar to FRX reporting). Measured by accuracy of reports.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly financial reports. Specifically, Income Statements, Cash Flows, ROA, Divisional Financial Package, Customer Profitability, Team Statements, and Customer P&L’s. Reporting of above statements is a combination of Excel, Access, Global, and Business Intelligence (Oracle). Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Prepare and review year end tax schedules for real and property. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Prepare and review year end audit lead schedules. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget. The budget process consist of 100+ Excel files that are linked to one another and roll up into our master template, and the company compiles budget information on a detailed customer level. Reporting requirements include, but are not limited to, P&L, Balance Sheet, Leases, Fixed Assets, ROA, Cash Flow, and Corporate schedules. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Continuous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency.
- Be a mentor to general accountants on team. Assist in review of general accounts' work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet our tight deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
- Must be able to handle stress well
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve is a must in this position
- Strong people skills is a must in this position
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7008