Senior Accountant - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timley completion and review of monthly, quarterly, and yearly close activities, reporting and preparation of ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger, Shamrock Dairy manufacturing, sales, distribution and other departments, as well as other Shamrock financial activities.
- Timely completion of close responsibilities and review of transactions for accuracy, including preparation and review of journal entries and related reconciliations for sales, expense, allocations, intercompany, and balance sheet items.
- Prepare, review and analyze P&L, departmental, and other financial reports, identifying and communicating trends, drivers and future impacts to business partners and management.
- Produce, review and analyze relevant, post close department, division and Corporate reporting including P&L, balance sheets, ROA, and other metrics and business indictors.
- Expert in field and main accounting liason to business partners. Utilize business knowledge to communicate month end results, conduct variance analysis/research, resolve issues, provide insight and suggestions for improvement.
- Prepare and review various tax schedules.
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure accounting activities are GAAP compliant. Prepare and review year end audit schedules.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, including but not limited to FTE, P&L, customer sales, balance sheet, leases, fixed assets, ROA, cash flow, and corporate schedules.
- Support, participate, and lead project based assignments to improve profitablilty and business operations.
- Continous improvement of accounting processes, reporting and analysis, increasing individual and team efficiencies.
- Provide support, mentor and consult other team members, as well as business partners. Assist in review of team member’s work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field. MBA/CPA, a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data modeling, a must. Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Global Reports, and Oracle Business Intelligence, or related financial applications, a plus.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Self motivated and proactive in nature, must work well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to problem solve and create and suggest viable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, to all levels within the organization.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Dairy Manufacturing and Shamrock Foods Foodservice Distribution.