- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2 Shamrock Way NW
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
This position’s primary focus is to preserve the safety and security of Shamrock associates, property, and product.
- Post commands to include the following:
- Monitoring all gate traffic, including pedestrian gates.
- Coordinate all express deliveries and special will call and/or over-the-road pick-ups with dock managers.
- Assist receivers with salvage pick-ups and contract or construction supply deliveries.
- Respond to reports of policy violations by commercial freight drivers and/or handlers.
- Provide escort to any associate upon request.
- Receive Human Resource applicants and direct them to the appropriate areas.
- Contact warehouse personnel whenever visitors arrive.
- Make routine checks of warehouse Fire and Safety facilities including first aid kits, fire extinguishers, fire exits and alarms.
- Observe and report any fire and safety violations and/or hazardous conditions in warehouse.
- Daily interaction with clerical and warehouse associates.
- Receive and administer paychecks for all associates.
- Daily temperature checks of entire warehouse (all areas).
- Assist in driver check-in for deliveries.
- Give accurate and courteous instructions to people arriving at the gate.
- Issue Security Cards and retrieve security door access cards and visitor's cards. Document record of cards issued and cards retrieved.
- Monitor activities at the site locations covered by security cameras on the camera monitor in the Security Station.
- Monitor security doors and gates using computer monitor and keyboard in the Security Station.
- Open gates remotely as instructed using computer monitor and keyboard in the Security Station.
- Report any unsafe actions and report any incidents on designated forms.
- Security Station
- Maintain files, instruction books and documents, and access cards in Security Station.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Good customer service/personal interaction skills are required to meet the demands of the position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5214