Seafood Quality Assurance Lead with $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
PAY RANGE: $21-$24 DOE
PLUS: $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Summary: Responsible for supporting food safety and quality assurance programs in a busy meat production facility. The QA Lead will direct quality assurance technicians and coordinate the GMP monitoring/QA activities for the production and operations of products by performing the following duties.
- Interprets company policies to associates and enforces safety regulations
- Interprets specifications and job orders to associates, and assigns duties
- Establishes or adjusts procedures to meet required quality assurance and finished product goals
- Recommends and implements measures to improve testing methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of quality assurance testing tasks
- Analyzes and resolves production and product quality issues and assists in implementing corrective actions.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate associates to achieve department goals
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance and calibration activities for all lab equipment as required.
- Review testing procedures and ensure accuracy of testing methods
- Maintain QA inventory of proper PEE and other lab/QA supplies
- Investigate all quality product failures and develop root cause analysis and tracking tools to determine failure root cause and suggest corrective actions and procedures
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local, food safety regulations. Maintains positive contacts with agency representatives to establish relationships and to assist with compliance issues and questions
- Perform the activities of laboratory technicians and all associates supervised
- Maintain an understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance
- Responsible for the microbial program compliance for the facility. Also, responsible for continued development and continuous improvement of such programs
- Monitor operational activities to ensure compliance with HACCP, USDA, and GMP requirements
- Act as back-up for Quality Assurance Supervisor when out on vacation/sick leave
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field (Preferred)
- 3 Years of Quality Assurance related experience in an FDA/USDA regulated food manufacturing facility (Preferred)
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned, and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.