Seafood Production Manager - Commerce City, CO
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 5199 Ivy St
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Commerce City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Develop, maintain and manage the fresh Seafood department with overall responsibility for all aspects of Fresh Seafood operation.
- Manage all aspects of Fish cutting, both retail and wholesale
- Maintain acceptable productivity levels to meet all customer demands, ensure proper inventory levels, and curb labor costs
- Maintain acceptable quality levels to ensure only the best possible product for the customer and control against any health hazard
- Perform all aspects of the operations utilizing a solid understanding of all FDA guidelines and a strong working relationship with all FDA personnel
- Responsible for all areas of purchasing raw materials, supplies, capital assets, and any other related items for proper seafood plan operation
- Direct all receiving and shipping functions of all inbound and outbound materials
- Manage manufacturing capabilities through proper maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all equipment, tools, and facilities
- Manage manufacturing capabilities through proper cleaning and sanitation of all equipment, tools, and facilities, and maintenance of sound sanitary and hygiene procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Oversee all accounting functions including yield and batch cost maintenance, operating expenses, profitability, budgeting, new business analysis, and analysis of all financial results necessary to control the meat plant operations
- Overall responsibility for all Seafood operation expenses including asset management, labor dollars, inventories, and all operating products
- Maintain close working relationship with sales department to ensure Total Customer Satisfaction through the fabrication of appropriate products
- Manage all aspects of Fresh Seafood business including development, costing, maintenance and sales contact as well as new product development.
- Hire, develop, train, manage, direct and discipline all Fresh Seafood employees to accomplish all of the Fresh Seafood /Foods Division goals
- Supervisory Responsibilities: All production and accounting functions, including Meat Cutting Production Supervisor, Grinding Production Supervisor, Plant Accountant, and Quality Assurance Supervisor report to this position.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.