Seafood Food Safety Process Technician
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for maintaining all aspects of Quality Assurance to ensure proper, safe and exceptional operation of the department.
- Responsible for inventory control including product receiving process, monthly freezer inventory, and proper rotation using FIFO and communicates inventory levels to seafood buyer
- Applies proper acceptance/rejection criteria and marks items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status and aids in vendor credit request
- Responsible for scheduling necessary Microbial Sampling
- Monitors daily cleanup and cleanup related procedure and programs
- Follows, enforces and trains employee Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Safety and OSHA regulations, works with QA Supervisor/ Manager to ensure plant training requirements and frequencies are met
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations. Food Safety – plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control, pest control, guidelines followed
- Fills out and reviews necessary paperwork for product audits and HACCP documents
- Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, cleaning and organizing the Raw Storage Materials Room
- Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance.
- Attends Vendor Trade Shows, Staff Meetings and Annual Shamrock Food Expo
- Owner of traceability and responsible for conducting mock recalls including Marine Stewardship Council Inventory and documentation control
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Seafood HACCP Certification
- Minimum of 10 years Seafood Production experience
- Must have knowledge of inventory control, GMP’s and Quality Standards
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 6294