Sales Support Assistant
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3615 E Industrial Dr
- Customer Care
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This associate will support the Broadline Sales - DSR(s), Business Development and Review and/or DSMs as it relates to sales support duties and/or value-added services. This associate will interact directly with our BL sales force and customers; he/she will need to develop and maintain strong local customer relationships as necessary. This associate will support DSR Route Coverage as an assistant to DSR territory support, Customer order guide Maintenance, Customer Development and Customer Review Strategies, assist with Sales Growth and/or Account Penetration tasks, enhancement of customer relationships and sustainment of customer Service Level and OEE standards.
- DSR route coverage and assistance, facilitation and/or execution of sales route needs, maintain consistent sales associate practices and relationships; DSR/ customer review for continuous improvement and evaluation of service level expectations and sales revenue/margin sustainment
- Accurate entering and processing of customer orders and requests; resolving customer questions and/or concerns; strong follow-up with sales and customer; processing outs, edits and sales reports
- Assist in facilitation of samples/cuttings for new/existing growth opportunities; coordinate with SFC specialist/resource(s), vendor/broker, customer and/or sales associate to execute on behalf of DSR and/or customer requests
- Responsible for maintaining customers within credit terms, sales agreements and proposals
- Assist in preparation of SFC Capabilities package, resources, services, customer presentation packets including PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate all activities between sales & their respective customer entities to ensure a smooth roll-out process for openings and Customer On-boarding Process, complete with follow-up timelines and customer expectations metrics
- Conducts research as needed and assists in development of proposals and contracts using word processing applications
- Coordinates and arranges customer/SFC meetings – scheduling and confirmation with all parties, preparation of agendas, facilities and coordination of necessary resources
- Item Rationalization from customer menu and/or product specs for OG coding prep
- Order Guide (OG) Coding and data export for market basket preparation
- Market basket development - comp savings/opportunities & collective usage Performa
- Pro-active and/or requested reporting of customer SL – OEEs, Delivery & Service Level reporting
- Handle mid to high level customer escalations from both customers and Level 1 peer associates for internal/external customer issue collaboration and resolve
- Identify process improvement opportunities; show consistent project participation; ensure sustainment of Customer Care processes utilizing BPI methodologies
- Contribute positively to the Customer Care team, sales community, customer account base, culture, business needs and productivity of sales goals and initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years minimum of direct sales, Customer Care and/or sales support experience or two years related industry experience and/or training, foodservice experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and communication skills and ability to interface with customers professionally at all times via phone and email
- Consultative, solutions-oriented and value-based approach to managing account business relationships and customer resolve
- Comprehensive knowledge of SFC product categories and resources and proficient knowledge of various Order Entry processes & procedures, including web-based systems; able to facilitate customer training and/or materials for new customers
- Accuracy of order entry processing, product rationalization, coding and building an order guide
- Must have Microsoft Office proficient – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Order Writer Proficient (SmartSell, SmartDesk, SmartWeb)
- Must be able to understand the Credit Application Process and terms options and Customer Setup Processes - including Delivery Days
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.