Sales and Use Tax Accountant
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 3900 East Camelback Rd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Sales and Use Tax Accountant is responsible for filing accurate and timely multi-state tax returns, process business license renewals for various divisions and maintain sales tax compliance policies and procedures.
- Manage Monthly close within a 4-day window.
- Verify Non-Trade Vendor Invoices and book additional-use tax entries (if any) per division.
- Run Sugar Tax and CRV Tax reports and file returns monthly.
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax Returns for multiple states and cities per division (75+ returns) within a two-week window. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Prepare and file 300+ business license returns annually. Measured by accuracy of source data and timeliness of renewal applications.
- Assist audit reports for various states and cities.
- Set up new tax structures per division based on customer on-boarding and requests.
- Compliance with Multi-state sales and use tax laws and update regulatory changes in ERP System.
- Provide accurate and valid response for inquiries from credit team and various business units.
- Complete monthly balance sheet recons as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting and 2+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and flexibility
- Strong people skills with ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to manage workload utilizing various computer platforms/software applications
- Ability to prioritize workload given various tasks with strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research and reconciliation skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.