Safety Manager - Warehouse
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Safety Manager is responsible for the overall strategy, planning and implementation of programs/policies to support operations in preventing incidences, occurrences, and accidents and reduce the expenses associated with claims.
- Lead initiatives that impact the organization and drive change toward redesigning processes to embed safe work practices as measured by number of projects implemented and injury and cost reductions.
- Coordinate resources to provide safety services to operations to positively influence employee behaviors and work environment, as measured by services activities and audit scores.
- Prepare and present management reports sufficient to identify the frequency, severity and expense of company losses as measured by report delivery by the third week of each month.
- Coordinate claims activities to reduce the overall cost of claims as measured by average cost per claim, lost workdays and open/closed claims
- 10 years related experience in safety and/or risk control field
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least one of the following certifications: CSP, OHST, CDS
- Must have experience in claims litigation.
- Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learning
- Strong people skills
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.