Return to Stock Salvage
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: This position is responsible for inspecting products, sorting items or materials into categories according to condition, such as recoupable or dump.
• Recouping reusable products and disposing of waste according to company policy.
• Palletizing products that cannot be recouped or sold to salvage company for food banks.
• Recording all information on recouped products, dumped products, and salvaged products and looking up the cost of products to be sold to salvage companies.
• Coordinating activities with credit returns personnel.
• Operating tuggers, fork-lifts, and pallet jacks as necessary to complete job function.
• Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Qualifications: (If it is listed it is a required, unless otherwise noted as Preferred)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to overnights shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.