Return to Stock Salvage - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The successful candidate must inspect products, sort items or materials into categories according to condition, such as recoupable or dump. Must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English.
- Recoups reusable products and disposes of waste according to company policy.
- Palletizes product that cannot be recouped or sold to salvage company for food banks.
- Records all information on recouped products, dumped products, and salvaged products.
- Looks up cost of products to be sold to salvage companies.
- Looks up information on computer and/or in books to obtain product code.
- Makes certain integrity of product is good before returning to stock. Coordinates activities with credit returns personnel.
- Palletizes and sorts product to be returned to ASRS warehouse according to temperature zone and pick level.
- Marks pallet with identifying information.
- Transports palletized product from salvage area to staging area and/or receiving dock.
- Utilizes RF gun and/or fixed computer station to enter data. Operates tuggers, fork-lifts, and pallet jacks as necessary to complete job function.
- Breaks down large pack sizes into smaller pack sizes (produce repack).
- Keeps work area clean and free of debris. Work with other people and be a team player.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence, reports, presentations, information and communications in English.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to overnights shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperature
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds , frequently? lift and/or move more than 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5465