Quality Control Specialist I-Produce
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2 Shamrock Way NW
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Inspects and tests produce to assure they meet quality specifications when received in warehouse, pick slots and when products are returned from customers. Decides with buyers whether produce that is questionable should be received. Also decides whether marginal products already in system are acceptable for sale or whether it should be sold for salvage or will be dumped. Responds to product quality issues from sales department. Communicates with sales, purchasing and operations on produce quality, date and inventory issues.
• Daily inspects the high volume and most perishable produce for quality and the most logical rotation.
• Checks incoming produce for quality, potential shelf life, sizing, USDA grade and acceptability of packaging.
• Rejects any wrong or unacceptable products and reports issues to Markon/Vendor Quality.
• Serves as Company’s liaison with Markon on all produce quality issues.
• Communicates with produce purchasing on any marginal incoming product to jointly make a decision on the best course of action.
• Regularly check the produce in the warehouse for acceptability of the quality and the follow through to have bad product dumped, work with produce repack to re-work marginal product to be in a saleable condition, or sell through salvage.
• Work with produce product returns to assure that only salable products are returned to the pick slots.
• Respond to any quality challenges communicated from customers or the outbound teams.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• One to three years related experience in various areas of the produce industry and/or training in produce quality inspections.
• Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperatures
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. In some areas, taste and smell are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color, vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5578