Quality Assurance Produce Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 1495 N. Hickory Ave
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
A Shamrock Foods Quality Assurance Specialist is the voice of the customer and should always have the customers best interest in mind. The role encompasses but is not limited to, inspecting, and testing all produce to assure each product meets quality specifications when received into the warehouse, pick slots and all returned product from customers. The specialist will communicate daily with buyers in all aspects of produce including questionable product receiving, returns and slotting. Assists in ensuring the Shamrock Foods sales department has the very best produce available to ship to our customers and for the growth of the category.
- Daily inspections of the high volume produce products and most perishable produce for quality and ensure logical slot rotations.
- Checks all incoming produce for quality, potential shelf life, sizing, USDA grade and acceptability of packaging.
- Rejects any wrong or unacceptable products and reports all issues to buyers, Markon and Vendor Quality.
- Serve as company liaison with Markon on all produce quality issues.
- Communicates with produce purchasing on all incoming produce issues to jointly make a decision on the best course of action.
- Daily slot checks in the warehouse with regard to produce are required for ensuring acceptable quality standards and proper follow through to have bad product dumped, working with produce re-pack to rework marginal product to be in a saleable condition, or sell through salvage.
- Work with produce product returns to assure that only saleable products are returned to the pick slots.
- Respond immediately to any quality challenges communicated from sales, customers, buyers or Shamrock inbound/outbound teams.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One plus year related work experience in various areas of the produce industry and/or training in produce quality inspections.
- Demonstrates problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in various temperature-controlled zones ranging from -5 F to ambient temperatures.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.