Quality Assurance Lead
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The QA Lead will supervise and direct QA technicians and coordinate the GMP monitoring/QA activities for the production and operations of products by performing the following duties.
- Interprets company policies to associates and enforces safety regulations
- Interprets specifications and job orders to associates, and assigns duties
- Establishes or adjusts procedures to meet required quality assurance and finished product goals
- Recommends and implements measures to improve testing methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of quality assurance testing tasks
- Analyzes and resolves production and product quality issues and assists in implementing corrective actions.
- Suggest and initiate plans to motivate associates to achieve department goals
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance and calibration activities for all lab equipment as required.
- May perform tests on Ground Beef including movement of cases
- Review testing procedures and ensure accuracy of testing methods
- Maintain QA inventory of proper PEE and other lab/QA supplies
- Investigate all quality product failures and develop root cause analysis and tracking tools to determine failure root cause and suggest corrective actions and procedures
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local, food safety regulations.
- Maintains positive contacts with agency representatives to establish relationships and to assist with compliance issues and questions
- Perform the activities of laboratory technicians and all associates supervised
- Responsible for supporting the execution of relevant projects within assigned area / shift
- Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance
- Must be able to work within timelines and in pressure situations
- Monitor operational activities to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Responsible for the microbial program compliance for the facility. Also, responsible for continued development and continuous improvement of such programs
- Monitor operational activities to ensure compliance with HACCP, USDA, and GMP requirements
- Other duties as assigned by plant management/Quality Assurance Manager/Supervisor
- Act as back-up for Quality Assurance Supervisor when out on vacation/sick leave
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor?s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field
- 3+ Years of Quality Assurance related experience in an FDA/USDA regulated food manufacturing facility
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.