Quality Assurance Lab Technician - Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Use laboratory equipment and standardized testing procedures to test and evaluate Milk, Ice Cream and other products with regard to quality standards. Monitor plant environment, equipment and waste discharge for compliance with all sanitary and environmental codes and regulations.
- Perform testing on milk, dairy, ice cream and other frozen products (including taste tests)
- Fills tubes and bottles with specified solutions and applies identification labels. Labels and files microscope slides.
- Interpret and submit samples and required documentation for co-pack vendors.
- Evaluate finished products and packaging for quality.
- Delivers supplies and laboratory specimens to designated work areas.
- Clean and sterilize lab area, equipment, and instruments regularly
- Conduct equipment swab tests.
- Conduct calibration of lab and production equipment
- Maintains inventory reports and logs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 1 year related experience
- Associates Degree in related field preferred
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing