- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Supply Chain
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The branch purchasing specialist is the focal point for the central purchasing department and the branch’s sales force, operations, merchandising and marketing departments. The purchasing specialist is responsible for professional and timely communication with internal and external customers. The purchasing specialist supports activities, related strategies, and planning to achieve objectives involving purchasing, storage of product as well as monitoring order fill, inventory levels and flow, and achieving the company goals in these areas. In addition, they will support street sales, operational and category management needs as well as assisting marketing and merchandising to launch RBI’s and vendor conversions.
- Manage the decisions around reducing cost or dumping inventory considered obsolete
- Manage and run branch shrink meeting
- Meet established goals for Order Fill measured by daily lost sales within every division
- Review all buyer reports (lost sales, service level, exceptions, active items w/out vendor, expected outs, etc.) for timely actions
- Manage SKU count measured by total SKU’s, aged inventory, and slow moving items
- Meet established Inventory level requirements measured by days on hand
- Manage cost of goods through vendor management, opportunity buys, commodity purchases, and cost of freight
- Manage a select group of vendors (generate PO, manage dead inventory, attach new items)
- Manage any sales force issues concerning products or need thereof thru PLC, merchandising and Category Management
- Attends PLC meeting
- Generates PO’s were needed to expedite product needs
- Represents purchasing for all warehouse and operational issues
- Executes best practices as laid out by the Central Purchasing team
- Attends monthly branch sales meeting
- Attends Category Management, marketing, merchandising, purchasing meeting
- Assists merchandising/marketing in the launch of RPI’s and conversions thru purchasing
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from college or university; or 5 years related experience - equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Clarity or E3 Trim Purchasing Experience or equivalent preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as to speak effectively before groups of customers
- Ability to use a laptop computer and intermediate understanding of business software
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some traveling will be required
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.