- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 167 W. Bromley Lane
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The production supervisor will be required to lead production associates in all phases of the production process and to assure the facility meets key objectives in safety, quality, loss control, productivity and cleanliness. The production supervisor will be required to take an active role in identifying and overseeing process improvement initiatives. The production supervisor will also have day to day responsibility to ensure compliance to company, customer and agency regulations.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all associates and visitors.
- Provide leadership to safely meet daily and weekly goals.
- Update and develop training materials and also provide on-going training to plant associates
- Regularly meet with plant associates to provide constructive coaching and perform reviews. Mentor direct reports, identify strengths and weaknesses and manage resources accordingly.
- Work with plant associates to identify opportunities for improvement and then take the lead to oversee completion of corrective action plans.
- Lead process improvement projects for the plant to drive continuous improvement
- Have sufficient understanding of plant processes and resources to re-direct these when required.
- Monitor adherence to the master sanitation program and assure tasks are being completed.
- Ensure product quality and customer specifications are met.
- Cover other shifts as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 - 5 years of related manufacturing and operations experience with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership position
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which include overtime, off shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Regularly stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently walk
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Salary of $55,000 to $75,000 depending on competency, experience, qualifications and skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.