- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the cow herd, including breeding, health, movement and culling.
- Managing all activities in maternity including feeding, movement and protocol measured by birth death less than 6% of calf births.
- Analyzing cow records including entry of day to day activities, use of reports and cow pages and proper day to day reporting of all cattle activity measured by compliance with record keeping software at 100%.
- Coordinating all day to day activities with vets and other outside consultants measured by communication with management on a day to day basis.
- Directly supervising herdsmen and cooperation with others involved in management of the farm.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED or minimum of three to five years’ supervisory experience in a related field.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking on uneven ground, standing and sitting.
- Carrying objects weighing 10-20 pounds.
- Reaching above shoulder height
- Pushing and pulling of gates 20 times per hour with 10 pounds of pulling force.
- Outside agricultural working environment: Temperatures expected 110 to 32.
- Noise level is 80 dba.
- Wet water processes, vapors, gases, dusts and moving objects and equipment.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.