Production Planning and Control Manager
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Production Planning and Control Manager manages production planning and control duties for Operations.
- Oversees flow optimization from a labor planning perspective
- Implements regular routines on labor planning including reviewing new customer volume, new hire training, new initiatives (impact to labor), over time percent, call in rates, and actual performance learnings
- Adjusts production schedules as needed and in response to changes in demand, materials, or other resources
- Develops production schedules, considering inventory and labor availability and production lead times for daily efficiency
- Analyzes data, historical forecasts, and automation reports to make informed decisions and provide recommendations
- Partners cross functionally with Engineering, Systems, Maintenance, Transportation, Warehouse, Human Resources, Process Improvement, Purchasing, and Sales
- Seeks input from key associates, leaders, and cross functional partners to inform decisions
- Teaches out key freight flow optimization concepts to cross-functional partners and Operations team
- Review’s sales forecast and demands for finished or intermediary goods
- Coordinates with the purchasing function to ensure availability of raw materials
- Advises sales or customer service functions on availability of finished product
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 6+ years of experience in distribution, labor planning, and/or an automation environment
- Working knowledge in 6 Sigma and/or process improvement a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to influence without authority
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law