Schedule is 1:00pm to 11:30pm from Monday - Thursday
Pay for this position is: $21-23/hour
Pick, stage, load, repackage, put away, or transport all orders according to company standards, while labeling and documenting information within establishment by performing the following duties:
- Operates automated machinery, including the loading of materials, package changeovers, basic maintenance activities and cleaning of equipment.
- Reads production labels, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, repacked, disposed or distributed.
- Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas/pre-assigned dock doors.
- Sorts and places materials or items on carts, pallets, shelves, racks, or in bins or boxes according to predetermined sequence such as size, stop numbers, type and style as to prevent damage and expedite loading and put away procedures while working closely with others.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Capable of learning Maintenance practices to keep equipment operational.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED preferred with 3 months of Warehouse related experience
- Mechanical maintenance skills preferred, will teach to right candidate
- Electrical maintenance skills preferred, will teach to right candidate
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be able to use a variety of powered industrial equipment including an electric pallet jack, standup and sit-down forklifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. In some areas, taste and smell are required. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color, vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.