Coordinates activities with sales, vendors, and sales support teams to increase cases and gross profit in assigned category. Trains and educates both customers and sales team on product lines while ensuring team selling support.
- Identifies growth opportunities utilizing technology, including Power BI and Connect
- Responsible to promote growth in sales/cases in assigned category
- Coordinate activities with production/purchasing to ensure proper execution of customers specifications in assigned category
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
- Attend required customer and company scheduled meetings
- Train new sales representatives on all aspects of assigned category
- Participation in Food Shows/Expos and represent the company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Effectively interact with customer base and perform customer tours as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Daily Job Functions
- Daily and weekly communication to sales by all available mediums to support awareness and education of assigned category
- Constantly arranging and updating assigned category catalog for both DSRs and customers to utilize
- Work with DSRs daily on customer calls to help drive the assigned category in case and sales growth
- Ongoing attendance at District Sales Meetings
- Attend and participate in all General Sales Meetings
- Proactively identify and qualify new & lost business leads with input from DSRs, District Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers
- Prospects and develops profitable new & lost customers using a systematic approach which includes customer potential / stratification.
- Work with purchasing daily to ensure proper products are stocked at the right cost from the correct vendors.
- Track updates on progress and measure/evaluate performance
Additional Product Specialist Category job functions
- Work with Category Management to ensure Shamrock has the right product at the right price
- Review lines to keep current with category industry trends
- Work with our partners to ensure success at all EXPO’s and Regional Vendor Fairs
- Ongoing networking and communication with functional partners.
- 3-year minimum Foodservice Sales or related experience in Foodservice
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university preferred
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required
- Must have extensive culinary and general foodservice knowledge
- Mathematic Skills: must be able to calculate amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to read and interpret; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.