Produce Sales Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 1495 N. Hickory Ave
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for acting as an ambassador for Shamrock Foods and our produce category, servicing our customers, our sales representative and acting as a liaison between the growers and our organization. In this exciting and dynamic environment, every day will be different as you market our produce and drive achievement of branch sales goals, working as a team with our growers, procurement team, QC organization, sales representatives and our customers.
- Keeping produce as a leading category and meet all company goals and objectives for sales, margin and customer service.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication skills, agility and flexibility in working with a broad spectrum of customers to understand their needs, determining agreed upon strategies and solutions and executing against planned solutions.
- Knowing the market and continuously demonstrate points of differentiation in what we bring versus our competitors.
- Evangelizing our products in all settings with customers and sales representatives, bringing confidence to both the buy and the sell around quality and fair pricing.
- Leading training and providing resources to maximize sales performance.
- Working with buyers and QC to ensure all in-bound produce meets our industry leading specifications.
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Self-motivated, high energy, goal orientated individual with a passion for the produce category.
- Three years of Foodservice or industry experience; culinary experience is a plus.
- Minimum high school diploma; additional certifications and degrees in a related field are a plus.
- Current driver's license and auto insurance required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.