Produce Sales Specialist - Eastvale, CA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
We are an industry leader in produce sales in the broadline sector with a strong focus on produce as “Center of the Plate”. In the role of Produce Sales Specialist, you are an ambassador for Shamrock Foods and our produce category, servicing our customers, our sales representative and acting as a liaison between the growers and our organization. In this exciting and dynamic environment, every day will be different as you market our produce and drive achievement of branch sales goals, working as a team with our growers, procurement team, QC organization, sales representatives and our customers. Continue to learn and grow with us in an environment that is challenging and offers opportunity.
- Keep produce as a leading category and meet all company goals and objectives for sales, margin and customer service.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills, agility and flexibility in working with a broad spectrum of customers to understand their needs, determine agreed upon strategies and solutions and execute against planned solutions.
- Know the market and continuously demonstrate points of differentiation in what we bring versus our competitors.
- Evangelize our products in all settings with customers and sales representatives, bringing confidence to both the buy and the sell around quality and fair pricing.
- Be a coach and mentor for the sales representatives. Lead training and provide resources to maximize sales performance. Demonstrate ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, sales associates, buyers, grower shippers and managers.
- Work with buyers and QC to ensure all in-bound produce meets our industry leading specifications.
- Develop and interpret reports and business correspondences to follow-up with customer interactions and field work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self motivated, high energy, goal orientated individual with a passion for the produce category.
- Be a dynamic communicator.
- 3 years of Foodservice or industry experience; culinary experience is a plus.
- Minimum high school diploma; additional certifications and degrees in a related field are a plus.
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must live in or near to assigned territory or be willing to relocate.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.