Produce Sales Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Produce Sales Manager optimizes profits and meets marketing, financial, and Enterprise growth objectives by performing the following duties.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACTIVIES:
- Assists street sales force in penetrating key accounts.
- Evaluates and develops pricing templates to drive street Broadline sales.
- Presents and administrates contract pricing opportunities.
- Controls the product through the product life cycles to optimize profits and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
- Development of processes for Schools, Military, Prisons, Casinos, and Resort Bids/RFP’s.
- Regularly share information with each sales team of produce sales mix to total sales and encourage growth.
- Develop positive relationships with key customers.
- Resolve service and quality issues.
- Development and Marketing of product POS for both internal and external customers.
- Group presentations for both internal and external sales – audience of anywhere from 2-300+
- Collaboration with Director or Produce / Enterprise Marketing Team to develop annual Produce Marketing Calendar.
- Take the lead for the produce booths in the Shamrock Expos and Regional Shows.
NATIONAL & MAJOR ACCOUNT SALES:
- Execute go to market strategy to be developed by Shamrock National Account Team and Enterprise Produce Manager, working closely with both existing and potential customers.
- Consult and have influence in:
- Daily Procurement of Produce
- Product Mix
- New Products
- Discontinued Products, etc.
- Ensure we have proper handling and storage
- Continue to support Markon initiatives set by the enterprise. Work closely with the Purchasing Department to ensure that we inventory items that afford the company the best returns in terms of support, marketing activities, and dollars to the bottom line.
- Assist in Sales Training for both new hires and existing sales representatives.
- Field training with customers on processed vs commodity, Markon vs the competitors, and cooler layouts.
- Train new hires in Express Special Order Desk.
- Support key Branch and Enterprise Initiatives driven by Management – Lines of Business (Pac Rim, White Tablecloth, Latino, Schools, Military and more)
- Manage the produce quality control team, schedule and SOP’s.
- Oversee key individuals on the dock; communicate any rejection/protection notices to the buyers.
- Ensure daily and weekly slot checks are being done and communicating any issues or opportunities.
- Emerald Express Desk scheduling and SOP’s. Ensure the team is effectively and accurately communicating to Sales Force and procurement.
Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university and 5 years of related experience or 7+ years of related experience.
- Specific Produce knowledge must include growing regions, seasonality, food safety and specialty produce, and the dynamics of the Arizona region.
- Experience with purchasing, produce QC, and marketing strongly desired.
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written.
- Good technical skills including specific experience with Microsoft Office.
- Associate must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel when needed.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5270