Plant Process Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Plant Process Engineer is responsible for Process equipment, P&IDs and providing engineering enhancements. The role will be responsible for equipment reliability and technical projects in the batching, processing, and CIP areas of the plant. (S)he will also participate in the maintenance and operation of the plant.
- Analyze opportunities and implement action plans around process improvement
- Lead process improvement projects and design including:
- Assessing weaknesses in milk processing or packaging processes
- Providing economic analysis/assessment of current and future process concepts and recommend improvements
- Communicate frequently with key stakeholders to meet project goals and deadlines
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to areas that impact business results
- Train technicians and other members of project teams on equipment use, data collection, and data analysis
- Collaborate with operation partners to ensure effective technical transfer from improvement plan to production environments, including documentation of new/updated key process indicators (KPIs)
- Engineer and update P&IDs to reflect changes in the plant and understand the complex interaction of people, machinery, and utilities
- Foster collaborative and organizational learning
- Provide process engineering support for manufacturing operations
- Conduct monthly project reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Food Process Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in process engineering and development and design; dairy experience a plus
- Experience with UHT processing required; batching and CIP equipment a plus
- Technical knowledge and experience of liquid processing, including pasteurization and homogenization required
- Stem-to-stern project experience (e.g. process development, process scale-up, P&ID development, punch lists, commissioning, start-up, operations)
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.