Plant Process Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Plant Process Engineer develops and implements major strategic initiatives and key business objectives in collaboration with the senior leadership team. This position will direct innovation, technological advancements, engineering analysis, short and long-term planning, and project implementation.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership to define, implement and support required growth and improvement projects.
- Works as project manager on assigned projects and will work closely with all vendors and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, and meet all operational objectives per the approved project scope.
- Project management responsibilities include:
- define detailed project scopes and act as key author on final project scopes.
- define all requirements and measurements for successful completion of the project
- get senior leadership approval prior to commencement of any project.
- develops detailed RFPs and submit to multiple capable and qualified vendors
- assess and review completed RFPs and provide recommendations on vendor selection for Senior Leadership approval.
- coordinate vendor, contractor and plant maintenance personnel efforts while leading all project startups.
- manage and track all payments per the project scope and RFPs and provide Senior Leader updates.
- Advises maintenance and operations personnel on proper operation of systems and serves as a source of expertise in the area of engineering and equipment maintenance for problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Maintains a safe environment for all maintenance functions as measured by the safety record
- Independently assesses and identifies process improvement initiatives that align with company objectives. Works closely with and assists Plant Maintenance Managers in process improvement activities.
- Works closely with and assists Plant Maintenance Managers in reducing unscheduled maintenance downtime.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal codes and regulations related to design, construction, and equipment modification as well as regulations for facility and equipment maintenance
- Approximately 20-30% travel is required
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by and at management’s sole discretion
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from a accredited college or university program with 10+ years’ experience with facility engineering and maintenance and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with facility engineering and maintenance
- Must have 7+ years of aseptic, shelf stable, and ESL processing and filling experience
- Detailed knowledge of capital project oversight including complete new equipment installation and vendor management
- Demonstrated proficiency if the following technical skills:
- Reporting methods, tools
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Six Sigma or Lean
- Microsoft Suite
- Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.