- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Dairy Production
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The Pasteurizer/Batcher is responsible for ensuring all products are prepared according to recipes, processed, and pasteurized ensuring that all products meet customer, state and federal guidelines.
- Measure ingredients, mix ingredients, and batch products to meet recipe guidelines
- Calculate formulas and correct product mixes as needed
- Take inventory and record lot numbers of ingredients used.
- Expertly execute the pasteurizing process including homogenization.
- Prepare pasteurized/raw tanks/set line circuits/CIP jumpers
- Operate pasteurizing systems sending product to correct tanks or tankers
- As required, run tests for butterfat and total solids
- Set up tanks and line circuits for CIP, test chemicals and make adjustments as needed.
- Once completed reassemble items so they are ready for use.
- Keep all support equipment clean to meet state and federal guidelines.
- Perform basic maintenance and replace parts on the equipment as necessary
- Associates degree in Applied Science Manufacturing Technology or related field, and 1+ years of experience working in a food manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dairy/beverage experience preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.