- Measure ingredients, mix ingredients, and batch products to meet recipe guidelines
- Calculate formulas and correct product mixes as needed
- Take inventory and record lot numbers of ingredients used.
- Expertly execute the pasteurizing process including homogenization.
- Prepare pasteurized/raw tanks/set line circuits/CIP jumpers
- Operate pasteurizing systems sending product to correct tanks or tankers
- As required, run tests for butterfat and total solids
- Set up tanks and line circuits for CIP, test chemicals and make adjustments as needed.
- Once completed reassemble items so they are ready for use.
- Keep all support equipment clean to meet state and federal guidelines.
- Perform basic maintenance and replace parts on the equipment as necessary
- Associates degree in Applied Science Manufacturing Technology or related field, and 1 years of experience working in a food manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dairy/beverage experience preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to work in various temperature controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.