- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2228 N Black Canyon Hwy
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Responsible for material requisitioning and disbursement, inventory control, and storing of all equipment/facility maintenance related spare parts and supplies. Responsible for computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) including administration of work orders, preventive maintenance logs, parts procurement, and parts inventory processes. In this position, the parts administrator must keep accurate records of all items entering and leaving designated maintenance storerooms and ensure that all inventories are maintained at the proper levels. Works closely with Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Shift Leads to develop and maintain preventive maintenance master schedules, task lists, spare parts listings, and equipment vendor lists.
- Order, receive, unpack, check, store, and track merchandise specifically related to equipment/facility maintenance spare parts and supplies
- Sort, organize, and mark items with identifying codes, such as part descriptions or bin location or inventory control codes, so that inventories can be located quickly and easily
- Utilizes personal computer and CMMS to order, track, record, compile reports, and maintain inventory levels as well as administration of the preventive maintenance system, including distribution and closing of work orders
- Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in the store room, and makes cost control recommendations related to vendors used and parts stocked
- Responsible for ensuring proper and accurate parts inventory levels, performs routine analysis of inventories, cycle counts, and makes adjustments as needed
- Stores materials in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in racks and may be required to lift heavy cartons of various sizes
- Must be able to operate a forklift, personal computer, fax, 10-key, and other office equipment
- Will be required to interface with vendors and manufacturers on a regular basis as it relates to procurement of goods, warranty returns, and other inventory control processes
- May be required to expedite parts or services as needed from vendors and manufacturers
- Responsible for ensuring that the parts stockrooms are secure, and will issue maintenance parts, supplies or tools as needed to qualified maintenance associates utilizing an approved check-out process
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5+ years related experience and/or training; Associates Degree in technical field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Must be familiar with industrial maintenance processes, parts, and equipment
- Must have good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Windows applications and have knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/etc.) and online purchasing programs
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos; Ability to write detailed and specific correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which are subject to evening shifts, weekends, and holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.