Over The Road Driver
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2702 W Encanto Blvd
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
This position is responsible for delivering our refrigerated products to our customers outside of Arizona, and then pick up loads to return to Phoenix. All deliveries and pick-ups will be set up and scheduled prior to departing from Phoenix - no looking for freight or wondering where you're going next!
Why Drive With Us
- RPM: $0.48-$0.50/mile, based on experience
- Average round trip: 7 days (max to date: 12 days)
- Scheduled loads before departure
- New and well-maintained automatic vehicles
- Dedicated managers and support staff - family-oriented culture
- Free and low-cost health plans, among many more outstanding benefits!
- Transporting, and delivering milk products from the warehouse or depots to customers - may need to be your own lumper at times.
- Safely operating a tractor/trailer to transport product to and from specified destinations and perform daily inspections on trucks and reporting daily on its operating conditions
- Complying with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Willingness to run on computerized logs
- Keeping up with pre- and post-trip truck inspections and driver's daily logs
- Delivering product, obtaining signature of receipt, picking up returns and completing logs and other paperwork related to deliveries
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class A for tractor trailer operation
- (1) or more years of commercial driving/ OTR experience preferred
- GED or H.S. diploma required
- Must be available to work the demands of the department which are subject to overnights shifts, weekends, and holidays - start times and hours vary by assigned route
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Must be able to drive a standard transmission
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and respond to official inquiries
- Regularly standing and walking
- Reaching with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close, distance, color and peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- The ability to adjust focus
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.