Over the Road Driver - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Summary: This position will pick up and deliver dry/refrigerated products to our warehouses in California, Portland, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. All deliveries and pick-ups will be set up and scheduled prior to departing from the divisional branch.
• Responsible for transporting, and delivering all food related products from company distribution centers to company distribution centers which may include unloading own truck
• OTR Drivers are responsible for delivering product, obtaining signature of receipt, picking up returns and completing logs and other paperwork related to deliveries.
• Performs daily routine vehicle condition report on truck and/or trailer
• Must comply with company policies and D.O.T. regulations
• Other duties may be assigned
• Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
• Candidate must have Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) for tractor trailer operation
• Candidate must have a good driving record for past 39 months
• Must be capable of driving in adverse weather conditions
• 1+ year tractor trailer experience over the road experience preferred
• Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Must be able to drive a standard and automatic transmission
• Must be able to install chains on tires
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Corporate Summary: At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 2998