- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 856 National Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Primarily, supervises and coordinates activities of transportation and warehouse operations, by performing the following duties. Secondarily, this is a growth support position that will also be exposed to shipping, and transportation processes.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Make safety a priority in the business. Must complete root cause analysis for any near miss or accident
- Monitor safety behaviors, volume, accuracy and productivity of all warehouse associates
- Support weekly scheduling and training in all warehouse job functions. Prepares work schedules and expedites workflow. Adjust crew size to meet seasonal needs (control overtime)
- Support the processing of weekly payroll for all associates
- Supports and communicates changes to layout of pick slots, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored. Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock
- Updates standard operating procedures to reflect new processes and issues written and oral instructions
- Holds employees accountable to quality standards, warehouse cleanliness, attendance and conformance to policies and procedures
- Communicates effectively with all operations supervisors and managers on challenges and successes
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems
- Drives performance through coaching events, data-based discussions and steward leadership
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of related operations (transportation or warehousing) experience or Internship required
- Individuals must be available to relocate as Shamrock continues to grow and additional opportunities are available in our other facilities. These opportunities would be available as early as a year after employment starts
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.