Operations Intern - Eastvale, CA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 12400 Riverside Drive
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
This summer internship at Shamrock Foods Company will provide the associate the opportunity to gain practical knowledge and skills of operations practices within a thriving distribution environment. Associate may be assigned tasks supporting Sales, Accounting, Transportation, Purchasing/Logistics and Warehouse leadership groups. Partnering closely with Management to identify and support projects based on business needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
- Develop recommendations to improve performance.
- Manage small operational process improvement projects.
- Monitor results of operation improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and publish standard reports for distribution operations.
- Maintain databases and develop weekly / monthly metrics reports
- Other duties may be assigned
- Candidates currently pursuing a degree in Business with an Emphasis in Analytics from an accredited college or university
- Must live in or near Eastvale, CA
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.