Operations Engineer - Verona, VA
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 318 Mill Place Parkway
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
The Operations Engineer develops and implements major strategic initiatives and key business objectives in collaboration with the senior leadership team. This position will direct innovation, technological advancements, engineering analysis, short and long term planning, and project implementation that impacts all Branches.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership to define, implement and support required growth and improvement projects.
- Will work as project manager on assigned projects and will work closely with all vendors and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget, and meet all operational objectives per the approved project scope.
- Project management responsibilities include:
- define detailed project scopes and act as key author on final project scopes.
- define all requirements and measurements for successful completion of the project
- get senior leadership approval prior to commencement of any project.
- develops detailed RFPs and submit to multiple capable and qualified vendors
- assess and review completed RFPs and provide recommendations on vendor selection for Senior Leadership approval.
- coordinate vendor, contractor and plant maintenance personnel efforts while leading all project startups.
- manage and track all payments per the project scope and RFPs and provide Senior Leader updates.
- Advises maintenance and operations personnel on proper operation of systems and serves as a source of expertise in the area of engineering and equipment maintenance for problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Maintains a safe environment for all maintenance functions as measured by the safety record
- Independently assess and identify process improvement initiatives that align with company objectives. Works closely with and assists Plant Maintenance Managers in process improvement activities.
- Works closely with and assists Plant Maintenance Managers in reducing unscheduled maintenance downtime.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal codes and regulations related to design, construction, and equipment modification as well as regulations for facility and equipment maintenance
- Approximately 20-30% travel is required
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by and at management’s sole discretion
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from a credited college or university program with ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience with facility engineering and maintenance
- Proven ability to effect change: identify opportunities, research solutions, request resources, sustain results, and share learnings.
- Technical skills
- Reporting methods, tools
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Six Sigma
- Must have 10 years of aseptic, shelf stable, and ESL processing and filling experience
- Detailed knowledge of capital project over sight including complete new equipment installation and vendor management
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department, which may be subject to evenings, weekends and/or holidays
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.