Network Operations Center Technician II
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Information Systems
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
The Network Operations Center Technician II contributes to a 24/7 Shamrock Operations Center (SHOC) within the Infrastructure Services group and responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities. Performance is measured by adherence to service level agreements and first-call resolution benchmarks.
- Utilize all available internal and vendor resources to identify and resolve issues within customer service level agreements and expectations
- Perform first-line troubleshooting to resolve system level issues
- Manage all major incidents and organize/facilitate post-mortem meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with third-party vendor and support to resolve issues requiring external assistance
- Provide direct communication to affected users and groups on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within Cherwell system on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain technical system information within defined documentation standards
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
- Work directly with other Shamrock Operations Center (SHOC) and escalation resources for issue resolution
- Complete scheduled maintenance and management activities on system and network devices and infrastructure to include:
- Daily preventative maintenance checks and services
- Complete applicable Daily/Weekly/Monthly checklists
- Moves, Adds, Changes, Deletes on systems, application, and infrastructure services
- Patch management and application
- Help identify recurring performance issues
- Provide performance reporting on covered devices
- Meet on-call requirements which are generally one weekend per month
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in an enterprise IT environment a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting Windows Server 2008 R2, and 2012 a MUST
- 2+ years' experience that includes administration, support and implementation of servers, networks, databases and storage assets.
- 1-2+ years working knowledge of LogicMonitor or similar enterprise-level monitoring solution
- IT Infrastructure support and experience in three or more of the following technology areas is required:
- Data Network: Cisco UCS, switches, routers and firewalls
- Voice Networks
- Servers: Microsoft, Unix, Linux
- Citrix account administration
- Server Virtualization
- Storage: SAN/LAN, Data Protection
- Security Infrastructure
- Messaging Services: Office 365, LifeSize, Skype for Business
- IT Certifications a plus
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.