- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
During our 13-week professional internship program, the Nutrition Intern will engage in the business and culture of Shamrock, gain essential knowledge within their field of interest through hands-on experience, build relationships and expand their network, and lastly the intern will leave with a sense of accomplishment and growth within their career journey. This will be done through hands-on training in a variety of professions at our Dairy Plant, Warehouse, Retail Store, Corporate Office, Meat & Seafood Plants and Dairy Farm. The intern will take part in educational and leadership development opportunities, tours of our various facilities, volunteer days, and more.
- Provide support for menu development, recipe development, nutritional accuracy and allergen coding in an accurate and timely manner
- Menu creation and development. Menus include, but are not limited to: regional, holiday, seasonal, cycle, and customized per-patient-day (PPD) menus.
- Recipe creation and development, including therapeutic diet accommodations.
- Build, organize and maintain Shamrock ingredient database in menu program to accurately reflect available products that best utilize customer pricing structure.
- Ensure ingredients and recipes in menu system have appropriate allergens and nutritional information.
- Provide customer support and technical assistance for menu customers: menu customization, placing orders, inventory management, and resident management.
- Create and maintain end-user training literature.
- Provide in-person or teleconference end-user training for program customers on how to navigate menu program platform.
- Create and modify appropriate food safety related materials and/or verbiage used in menu program.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year(s) educational experience and currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on Dietics, Nutrition or other related fields
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must live in or near Phoenix, AZ
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why intern for us?
Shamrock Foods Company is committed to a program that goes beyond your typical internship experience, giving interns the opportunity to start their career path. We offer great training and growth for college students to help interns apply their education towards solving business problems and working on hands-on projects in a workplace environment. Our interns are more than a temporary associate; they become part of our family.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.