Night Warehouse Supervisor
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 1495 N. Hickory Ave
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary and Essential Duties
Directly supervises and coordinates activities of workers on the night shift to include the freezer dock, the cooler, the high dry area and the low dry area concerned with storing, inventorying and shipping products and supplies in the warehouse. This is a floor supervisor position. As such, the supervisor should expect to spend approximately 80% of his/her time during the shift out on the floor.
- Achieves an overall service level error rate (shorts, mispicks, and damage) not to exceed .25.
- Achieves 98% good load performance.
- Ensures assigned aisles are clean, well maintained, and replenished according to established procedure.
- Conducts and reports on four safety observations per month.
- Conducts and reports on four process audits per month.
- Ensures all freeze, cooler and dry PIR functions perform to standard.
- Ensures dispatch and table functions perform to standard.
- Ensures all seafood and ice cream repack deliveries are made on time and without error.
- Manages damage and dumps associated with the Street Dock operation within allotted dollar amount weekly.
- Reports all damage and salvage for shift to inventory control.
- Facilitates daily/weekly team meetings.
- Ensures lunch room and rest rooms in assigned area are clean and well maintained at all times.
- Coordinates activities with other associates, supervisors, and shift manager to ensure on time departures and service level of all routes in and out of assigned area.
- Facilitates an on time dispatch percentage of 98.5 or above.
- Meets or exceeds the monthly target for safety compliance as measured by frequency or severity.
- Completes all accident investigations within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Completes all accident retraining within 48 hours of completed investigation.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions to associates.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of associates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves differences.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Participates in the hiring process for the department.
- Complies with all safety procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- The candidate must have strong people skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess a strong team approach to management. Must understand and support Shamrock Foods Culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Job Reference #: 7837