Fleet Diesel Technician (Mid Level to Exp.) - 5K BONUS! Excellent Starting Pay! Multiple Shifts!
Starting pay: $26/hr to $34/hour DOE!
Shift Differentials up to: $5.50/hour!
Flexible Shifts: 2nd, 3rd or 4 x 10!
MUST HAVE CLASS A OR B CDL
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance repairs on Shamrock Fleet vehicles; including but not limited to Truck Tractors, Trucks, Refrigerated Trailers and other Fleet vehicles.
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, energetic and employee-centric environment with one of the largest Family-Owned Companies in the West, apply today! Shamrock has continued to grow through the pandemic and were looking for amazing people to join our team!
- Career Growth and Development (Job Training and Development provided)
- Minimum Tool Requirements
- We’ll help you get your ASE Certs AND your Class A CDL!
- Positive work environment (Mentorship and Coaching Available)
- Excellent Medical Benefits – Shamrock pays 86% of your out of pocket expenses!
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick – modified for PT employees)
- 401k Match and Profit Sharing (100% Vested on Eligibility Date)
- Life Insurance (Company Paid)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($2500/per year)
- Company Owned Credit Union (Free Membership)
- Company paid uniforms, footwear and PPE (Uniform Laundry Service provided)
- All the Fleet Technicians are required to perform the basic tasks of; performing routine Preventative Maintenance (PM's) for all Fleet vehicles.
- Inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs for Heavy Duty Truck Tractors, Trucks and Trailers.
- Disassembly, repair and re-assembly of Heavy Tuck & Trailer components; including but not limited to; diesel engines, transmissions, axles and any other components or systems.
- Cleaning up their assigned work area after each job, Washing or fueling of trucks as required, Basic facility repairs & company tool repairs as required.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment at all times, reporting any safety concerns or un-safe tool conditions to Shift Lead or Fleet Supervisor.
- Driving of Tractor/Trailers and/or Trucks for purposes of test drives and/or the return of vehicles to the various Shamrock division facilities.
- Properly using and maintaining company tools while performing repairs and when not familiar with operation asking for instruction/direction from a Supervisor.
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Level II - Three (3) years related experience in a Heavy-Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- Level III - Five (5) years related experience and knowledge in a Heavy-Duty Truck repair environment. Including but not limited to; Private Fleet, Truck Dealership, Full Service Leasing Company or Government Sector.
- All levels of Fleet Technician must provide all hand tools and tool boxes (lockable) required to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as described above.
- Shifts may vary. Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department; which are subject to evenings, weekends, holidays Physical Demands: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family’s motto to “treat associates like family and customers like friends.”
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That’s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn’t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.