Meat Plant Quality Assurance Manager - Phoenix, AZ
- Requisition ID
- Location : Address
- 2540 North 29th Avenue
- Meat Plant
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
Summary & Responsibilities
Develop, maintain and supervises all aspects of Quality Assurance of the Meat Plant to ensure proper, safe and exceptional operation of the department.
- Develop and maintain a product testing lab for all composition and microbial testing of all raw ingredients and finished products.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Evaluates contents of reports from product assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for product assurance program.
- Conducts management meetings with facility/department managers to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures. Work with operational teams to conduct root cause analysis and suggest corrective actions
- Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
- Maintain compliance with customer and third party audit requirements. Serve as site GFSI (SQF) practitioner. Participate in regulatory, customer, and third party audits as required and oversee implementation of corrective actions. Communicate inspection/audit results to Facility Manager and Director of Quality. Maintain plant quality systems in compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Set plant training requirements and training frequencies. Work with Facility Manager to ensure plant training requirements and frequencies are met. Conduct plant training sessions as needed.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
- Directly supervises team of quality/lab employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in Protein quality & food safety plus USDA Plant inspected exp., preferred
- Masters Degree in related field preferred
- Previous HACCP certification program design and implementation
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety and specific knowledge of meat protein
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Food processing and packaging is preferred
- Experience in managing processes is preferred.
- Prior GMP experience and understanding of SOP’s
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first – our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Shamrock specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products through a family of companies, including Shamrock Foods foodservice distribution and Shamrock Farms dairy manufacturing.
Job Reference #: 5391